Parojinog group blamed for killings in mandaue
THE two members of the Parojinog drug syndicate who were recently killed in Barangay Cubacub, Mandaue City may have been involved in a turf war.
The Mandaue City Police Office (MCPO) is not discounting the possibility that Marke Lester Castillo and Renan Mabida who were shot dead last Sunday night were involved in a battle to control the illegal drug trade in Metro Cebu.
MCPO Director Senior Supt. Julian Entoma said it’s also possible that Castillo and Mabida had something to do with the deaths of suspected drug personalities in the last few weeks. That’s why they are looking at each case closely.
Entoma said that the assailants in these incidents have the same body build as Castillo and Mabida, based on the footage from security cameras. The two men also fit the descriptions given by the witnesses, he said.
“Diha mi na-alarma kay may mga description sa mga previous nga shooting incident, dunay nagsulti nga naka-motor, gipaarakan, then mga dagko nga tawo, mao na among gi-match… Can be mo-fit kanila (Castillo ug Mabida) ang description,” Entoma said.
He cited what happened to couple Jamie Mata and Stephen Del Corro from Cebu City and their friend Jarren Yu Lloren. They were abducted from an apartment in Barangay Subangdaku last July. Their bodies were later found riddled with bullets in Liloan and in Barangay Casili in Mandaue City.
Based on the video footage they recovered, the assailants resembled Castillo and Mabida, he said.
Entoma said that the two men may have also been involved in the killing of Jessie Montebon and his live-in partner in Zone Ahos in Barangay Paknaan last Aug. 6.
They also resembled the gunmen who shot dead Froilan Mabaga after they asked his passenger to alight from the victim’s motorcycle in Barangay Paknaan last Sept. 3. Mabaga was a known drug personality from Barangay Lorega-San Miguel, Cebu City.
He also said that they’re looking into the possibility that Castillo and Mabida also killed the Alilin brothers in Barangay Tabok last Sept. 10.
He said they will compare the motorcycle used by the assailants in these cases to the motorcycle owned by Castillo to see if there’s a match.
Entoma said that these incidents involved illegal drugs.
“The fact that these incidents happened in succession made us wonder. Then the descriptions of the assailants were all the same. The killers had large builds… You see, when a drug lord is killed, many want to take his place. It doesn’t matter if they come from the same group. Then it becomes a territory war. They start killing each other,” he said in Cebuano.
Entoma said some of the people who may be involved in this turf war include members of the Sadaya drug group; members of Jaypee Rosal’s group; members of Alvaro Alvaro’s group; and members of slain drug lord Steve Go’s group, among others.
Even though most of them are in prison, their illegal activities continue, he said. That’s why the MCPO is stepping up its intelligence monitoring, aside from increasing police visibility in the barangay with the help of the Barangay Intelligence Network.
Entoma also reminded barangay officials to look out for new faces in their areas. He urged the public to be wary of strangers, saying the modus of Parojinog drug group members and the likes is to be nice and to be very generous to neighbors.
He said the public should be on the lookout for new renters who hardly leave the house or who only go out at night or who have expensive vehicles.
The police official believes that many members of the Parojinog robbery and drug group from Ozamiz City fled to Cebu after Ozamiz City Mayor Reynaldo Parojinog Sr., his wife and several others died in the hands of police last year.
President Duterte had tagged Parojinog as the head of a major drugs syndicate.
It turned out that Castillo and Mabida were members of the security team of Parojinog’s daughter, Ozamiz City Vice Mayor Nova Princess Parojinog, who is detained along with her brother Reynaldo Jr. Castillo and Mabida were also on the watchlist of the Ozamiz police. (Fe Marie D. Dumaboc, correspondent)
Source: Local News
Traffic body seeks P100-M budget for 2019
THE Roads and Traffic Administration (RTA) is proposing a P100-million budget for 2019 to purchaseRead More
Condo, hotel project underway in Davao
IN 2017, Santos Land Development Corporation (SLDC) launched two new vertical projects – the IvoryRead More