Tuesday, April 17th, 2018

 

The Lauren Ashtyn Collection Continues To Book Guests For Its May Friends And Family Tours

The Lauren Ashtyn Collection Continues To Book Guests For Its May Friends And Family Tours The Lauren Ashtyn Collection Continues To Book Guests For Its May Friends And Family Tours The Lauren Ashtyn Collection will conduct two Friends And Family Tours this May in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Buffalo, New York. The Lauren Ashtyn Friends and Family Tours provide customers with the opportunity to see the company’s luxury hair extensions up-close. April 17, 2018 ( datsyn.com) – The Lauren Ashtyn Collection, a luxury hair extensions salon, has posted the May scheduleRead More


Investigators still searching for motive in attack on councilman

THE Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) said it now has information on the killer of Barangay San Isidro Councilman Neil Abella of San Fernando. However, CCPO Director Joel Doria said that investigators are still building up the case and are also waiting for the family to give information on the possible motive behind the attack. “We coordinated with the family. They requested if our investigators could come again after the burial for any information from them. We’re looking at all the angles,” Doria said. Source: Local News


Congressman pins rising prices on TRAIN, NFA

A PARTY-LIST congressman defended yesterday his decision to vote against a tax reform law that he now blames for rising prices of commodities. In a press conference in Cebu, Rep. Gary Alejano (Magdalo) also questioned the National Food Authority (NFA) for failing to ensure sufficient supply that could have prevented rice prices from going up fast. Source: Local News


DPWH wants Mananga Bridge rehab done before classes start

MOTORISTS who regularly use the Cebu South Coastal Road are advised to brace for traffic. The Department of Public Works and Highways will temporarily close one of two bridges on the Cebu South Coastal Road (CSCR) in Talisay City for rehabilitation and repairs, starting in the last week of the month. Engr. Leslie Anthony Molina, DPWH 2nd Engineering District head, reminded the public that they will start the rehabilitation of the northbound lane of the Mananga Bridge 3 in Barangay Lawaan 2, probably on April 27. Source: Local News


LRT proposal aligns with transport study for Cebu

A PROPOSED Light Rail Transit (LRT) from Carcar to Danao is consistent with development plans for Cebu, a private sector representative of the Regional Development Council observed yesterday. It is also one of the projects identified in a study for sustainable transportation and development in Metro Cebu, as identified by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), according to a social media post of the Metro Cebu Development and Coordinating Board (MCDCB). Source: Local News


Oslob collects 3 trucks of trash at Tumalog Falls

AROUND three truckloads of assorted waste were collected by local officials and volunteers during the first day of the cleanup drive at Tumalog Falls in the southern town of Oslob yesterday. Oslob Mayor Jose “Jun” Tumulak Jr. told SunStar Cebu that the trash they recovered was composed of non-biodegradable waste like disposed junk food wrappers and plastic bottles, and organic waste like rotten leaves and fallen bamboo debris. The cleanup started at 8 a.m. Source: Local News


Opposition allies want to defect to BOPK: Tomas

WITH the filing of certificates of candidacy closing on Friday, some barangay officials identified with Barug Team Rama allegedly want to switch sides to Bando Osmeña Pundok Kauswagan (BOPK). According to Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña, he has been receiving feelers from several barangay officials, but he will not disclose their names. “But you know, I can’t abandon my own people. Luoy sad. I will tell you (which barangays) after the elections. I will not tell you before. I don’t count, I don’t care. I don’t even accept so IRead More


More than 5,000 aspirants have filed COCs in province

MORE than 5,000 people have filed their certificates of candidacy (COC) in Cebu for next month’s barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) elections. Within the first three days of the election period that began last Saturday, 5,670 people from Cebu Province and the cities of Cebu, Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu City have filed their COCs. The number included those running for barangay captain, councilors and SK members, said lawyer Lionel Marco Castillano, Cebu Provincial Election supervisor. “Auspicious” date Source: Local News


Comelec validating potential ‘hot spots’ in Tuburan

TWO barangays in Tuburan are being monitored by the Commission on Elections (Comelec) due to their history of election-related violence. But Cebu Provincial Election Supervisor Lionel Marco Castillano said they are still validating to determine if the two barangays will need heavy security during election time. Atty. Castillano told reporters yesterday that they received word that the two barangays may be hotly contested fight due to the history of some candidates potentially running there. Source: Local News


4 men caught around the province allegedly violating Comelec gun ban

FOUR men are in custody for allegedly violating the election gun ban in Balamban, Barili, Tabuelan. In Barangay Nangka, Balamban last Monday night, suspects Melvin Baliguat, 43, and Joel Torreon Aliviado, 45, were arrested by a team led by Senior Insp. Deni Mari Pedrozo. The suspects were on board their respective motorcycles when they were caught during a Commission on Elections (Comelec) checkpoint. Each suspect yielded an unlicensed .45 pistol. Pedrozo’s team also seized their motorcycles. Source: Local News