Thursday, February 22nd, 2018

 

#PugadBaboy: Bitter

Source: Politics


Sara Duterte’s political party has no Comelec approval yet

DAVAO CITY, Philippines – The newly-formed political party led by Presidential daughter Sara Duterte-Carpio has yet to seek approval from the Commission on Elections (Comelec), a regional official of the agency said Thursday, February 22. Marlon Casquejo, Comelec XI assistant regional director, said the Hugpong ng Pagbabago  (HNP) needs to file a … Source: Politics


Penro can shut down resorts if found dumping waste into sea, rivers

THE Cebu Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Office (Penro) can stop the operations of any resort or establishment within Cebu Province if found that they are releasing wastewater near bodies of water such as rivers and beaches, an official said yesterday. But Penro officials said they need the help of the Environmental Management Bureau (EMB) 7 as they have the capability to monitor establishments that release wastewater. Source: Local News


Reward for Lapu traffic enforcer

IT is an unfortunate experience for a government official or employee to be caught for a traffic violation. But for a traffic enforcer in Lapu-Lapu City, it is lucky to apprehend one. City Mayor Paz Radaza said she will reward the traffic enforcer who issued a citation ticket to a barangay captain that violated the traffic rules twice. Pangan-an Barangay Captain Virgilio Casiao of Olango Island was caught twice for not wearing a helmet while driving his motorcycle in the mainland of Lapu-Lapu. Source: Local News


Persons of interest in Ungab slay ‘found’

TASK Force Ungab is digging into the background of two persons of interest, the suspected informant and gunman, behind the ambush-slay of Atty. Jonnah John Ungab. Senior Insp. Jonathan Taneo, task force spokesperson, said that they acquired a clear photo of the person believed to be the informant who pointed the gunman to Ungab last Monday. Source: Local News


Tomas ‘for mayor’ in 2019

CEBU City Mayor Tomas Osmeña will run as mayor under the Bando Osmeña Pundok Kauswagan (BOPK) in the next elections. In his news conference yesterday, Osmeña said he decided to run again because his ultimate opponent are those big firms committing tax evasion. “I have to focus on my fight, I will fight them. If the Cebuanos will not support me, I won’t win. I’m just telling the Cebuanos that if they support me, I will win, if they will not, I will lose. They will do everything to makeRead More


Some tanods will soon get honorarium from CH

THE Cebu City Office for Substance Abuse Prevention (Cosap) has been processing the honorarium of tanods in 80 barangays since last month. In an interview, Cosap Chief Garry Lao clarified that only those who fulfilled the requirements will get paid. “They need to submit some requirements, which include the accomplishment reports. In the accomplishment report, the result of the drug test should also be included and their authority to serve signed by the mayor, before their honorarium will be processed,” he said. Source: Local News


P2B of infra to ease city’s traffic: Tomas

TO help improve traffic situation in the city, Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña has proposed close to P2 billion infrastructure projects before the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) 7 for 2019. In a letter dated Feb. 21 and addressed to DPWH 7 Director Ador Canlas, Osmeña proposed the implementation of infrastructure projects that will include the improvement and widening of several roads in the city. Source: Local News


Ombud reprimands municipal officer

THE Office of the Ombudsman-Visayas has reprimanded a municipal officer of San Francisco, Cebu over missing documents relating to his cash advances in 2010. Michael Mernado, Jr., graft investigation and prosecution officer, admonished Paul Dimco, the town’s designated municipal accountant, for the delayed settling of his cash advances due to missing documents. Source: Local News


Province gets P230M for hospital upgrade

THE Cebu Provincial Health Office (PHO) received P230 million from the Senate for the construction of four buildings for the Bogo City Provincial Hospital. Sen. Risa Hontiveros led the groundbreaking ceremony of the buildings in Bogo yesterday. With her was Sen. Bam Aquino. “This hospital we are starting to construct today is the product of genuine partnership and a true commitment to the health and welfare of the community by the local and national governments,” Hontiveros said. Source: Local News